View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
The bite out on Caldwell has been pretty good as of late. If you are looking for size, don't waste your time. If action is what you crave, the pass is the place to be. Past three days have been the best in the last two weeks. Fish on every cast with lots of white trout and throw backs, but every now and then you will find a 2 pounder. It's like a slot machine, just keep flinging quarters at them until it pays out. All fish caught on plastic. Change the color when the water changes. I double or triple rig everything and cast a lot. And please remember, the fish are everywhere out there, don't set up on someone slinging fish in the boat. I wouldn't ask you to share your wife, don't ask me to share my spot, it's just as inappropriate.
thank you for this i have been fishing da point for 2 weeks and catching a lot of those good eating gafftops but no trout. There have been a bunch of boats in da cove and weeks and i seen people catching trout and we get right up to them and throw anchor and then catch gafftops while they catch trout.

My cousins are coming down next week and I want to put them on some trout. I like that you catch them on every cast at Caldwell Reef so we gonna go and give them a try. My boat aint real big but I told my neighbor and he said he and his 10 friends that work offshore and are off this week want to go and they got big boats in case I run outta gas. I googled Caldwell Reef and see that it is pretty big. I am not asking for specific spots, but if you can point out on a map where you been catching I would be real happy. I want to show my cousins a good time and catch trout. I can not figure how to double rig on these corks that I use though. I have the 4" corks with a weight on the bottom and 2 feet of wire on them. Do I just tie another wire leader onto it or what? Are they biting on the big or small dead shrimp? thanks in advance