View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

we are talking about killing a protected animal that is not doing you any harm, not a couple of cases where law enforcement got 'overzealous'. You always tend to find the few outliers of everything. There are many incidents of people killing protected animals in Louisiana for no reason at all (many many black bears, several whooping cranes, several bald eagles, etc.)

Find me two incidents of a Louisiana black bear doing bodily harm to an individual. They tear up feeders and stands and camps occasionally but you are going to be hard pressed to find an incident with a Louisiana black bear harming an actual person. The Tensas population is the highest density of black bears per square mile in the continental US yet no one has been hurt despite thousands of hunters year in and year out in the woods there. Every one I have encountered has hauled tail after we saw one another except for this one which was a very old male and I think he was so old he couldn't see. Got 50 yards and saw me and got on out of there. Several encounters with females with cubs and they were even more skittish of humans
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1917304_1221500415742_6214413_n.jpg (46.4 KB, 129 views)