Thread: tuna timeing
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,075

summer time usually produces a lot of fish, mostly "schooling" tuna which can be caught on poppers which makes for some fun and fast action. these tuna usually run 60-90 pounds or so, however you can catch tuna over 100. if your looking for trophy fish october, november make for some bigger fish, a lot of fishing is done behind shrimp boats. but also chumming, bump troll live bait. as far as tuna captains, theres a few in Venice i highly recommend,
1. Kevin Beach, Mexican Gulf Fishing Company he has a few guides that are great at catching tuna, they all run Freemans, makes for a great ride out there and can catch a lot of fish.
2. Hunter Caballero, Paradise Outfitters, he's great at catching tuna and very good at what he does.
3. Woody Woods, he just broke away from Paradise Outfitters i believe (don't quote me on that) he just got a brand new freeman in recently. he is the younger of the 3 but he is a great captain and catches a lot of fish.

In my opinion those are the top 3 tuna captains in venice, but thats just my opinion. good luck and hope to hear a report from you soon.

oh and all three captains can run up to 6 people