View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074
Default Ya' Killin Me Smalls

Hit most of my tried and true spots today ended up with 4 reds and 2 trout. The small tidal range is a killer. Went out of Don's and found the water in the bay looking pretty good until the wind picked up a little. There was a good 1 1/2 ft chop with the wind directly out of the East. It doesn't take long for the Western 2/3rd's of the bay to turn into a crawfish pond when that happens. Headed to Weeks Bay. There were lots of boats in and out at the trash pile. Fished there a couple of hours and I didn't see many fish hitting the decks. The two trout I caught were off of mud point, caught them on Nightruse Vortex Shad double rigged with 5/16 oz wts. They hit the top bait both times and I was dragging bottom so I guess the fish were holding a ft off bottom. Reds were caught back in the marsh, fishing any moving water we could find. Black/Chat and Opening night cocahoes. Gave the fish to my fishing partner, couldn't bring myself to take a picture. Bring on the next moon phase, this one blows.