View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

the only suggestion I have to improve it, and for me its a deal breaker on buying one if I had a yak, would be it needs to get rid of the outdated old fashion leaf spring design and have torsion axles put on it. they ride 1000 times smoother then leaf springs and there is no rust issue with them which is the whole point (maint. free) of going to the expense of buying an aluminum trailer isn't it?

most if not all torsion axles come with an adjustable slide carriage which allows simple adjustments to axle position in a few minutes to balance the trailer to the way you have it set up to fit your yak and equipt and this simplifies the building process too.

I like the 12" tires, they are better for bearing life (they turn less rpms) give you a smoother ride and allow better ground clearance for the trailer not to bottom out on steep driveways or ruts.

your carrying the yaks on and off the trailer, so its more like an extension of your truck bed and not a back into the water trailer to float the yak off the trailer, so why ask for it to be dragging lower to the ground which can only be asking to bottom out somehow somewhere on something with the yak sticking out the back end of this thing.

oh and another thing that might be nice is if it were wide enough for two yaks side by side like jet skis, plus it would be nice to offer an optional added storage box for gear. its not for everyone but im sure it would be a popular option for those without trucks to put all their stuff in. I assume the upper rack is removable, if not it should be to get it out of the way when you don't need it.

Last edited by keakar; 03-12-2015 at 11:15 AM.