View Single Post
  #10  
Old 03-15-2015, 04:52 PM
lil bubba's Avatar
lil bubba lil bubba is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: southeast , la.
Posts: 1,175
Cash: 1,454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
ok, I have the "jet burner" I assume since its the one with the one cap and one hole under a short pipe to direct/contain the flame.

so you say I just need to drill a new cap for nat gas use? that sounds easy enough to do but how do I figure out the drill bit size I need?

I can see where this step is easy to get wrong so is there a website place that tells me what size is best or at least a starting point?
Mine was 1/8....It just cost the price of a hose and 2 clamps and a couple fittings and new cap to see and if you think it can go bigger just drill 1/16 in. bigger but I think 1/8 should do....That guy in raceland may be where that store owner bought his and it is the fire of hell but like I said he is running a 1 1/2 to 2 inch line so it has a lot more volume...Can't say what it will do on a residentual line.....
Reply With Quote