View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 11:56 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFishKiller View Post
For somebody with a handle like MathGeek, you don't sound too smart ... You'd have to be an idiot to fish any waters the STAR is on and not be in tournament just for the simple fact that you might catch a tagged redfish and win a truck. If I only fished BL once a year I'd still be in the STAR, which in turn makes you a member of CCA. ... Truth is CCA came up with a genius plan to make tons of money for cheap. Nobody's gonna pass up a chance to win a truck doing something they already do and are gonna do even if there wasn't a tournament.
I am very good at math. Participating in the STAR is like buying a lottery ticket. Sure, you can't win if you don't play, but the only reason it raises a lot of money (that CCA spends in Texas) is because the costs of participation far exceed the value of the prizes.

Lotteries are nothing more than additional taxes for those who are bad at math.

The Boycott the S.T.A.R. movement had wide participation last year and was likely a contributing factor to CCA organizing the "State of the Lake" meeting last summer. It is also most likely the best chance we have to prevent CCA from getting behind new proposals for more restrictive regulations and to get them actually focusing conservation efforts on things that really matter in Louisiana.

I bet CCA would love comments to be restricted to private CCA meetings, but the fact is they pay a lot more attention when issues are aired openly at popular sites like SaltyCajun and Louisiana Sportsman, because open discussions hit them in the pocketbook.