View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 03:53 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by redchaserron View Post
In spite of your intent, this post did nothing to demonstrate how "smart" you are, instead it demonstrated that you will sell your integrity at the price of a very minute chance at winning a truck. I primarily fish for redfish, I catch a lot of them, I've probably got a better chance at catching a tagged redfish than most folks, simply because redfish are my focus, but I won't enter the STAR because I have issues with CCA similar to those expressed here by others, and I won't sell my integrity. If I catch a tagged redfish, I'll thank God for it as I say grace over its blackened fillets. I won't post about it here or on social media because I'm not going to help draw attention to or drive funding for the CCA or the STAR tournament.

The only way CCA is going to focus on actual conservation issues that effect us here in Louisiana is when it is costing them too much not to. You would be surprised at the number of people who are no longer supporting CCA in any way, including "passing up the chance to win a truck doing something they already do" .

In my humble opinion, the CCA lost focus when the grew to a size that required more of their time and efforts be spent on raising money and growing/maintaining membership than on actual conservation work.
Emphasis added. I agree completely.