View Single Post
  #3  
Old 04-03-2015, 09:39 AM
B-Stealth B-Stealth is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 1,382
Cash: 1,561
Default Gill Nets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
Math geek, I talked to a biologist doing a creel survey the other day that told me that LDWF has 7 gill nets placed through the estuary and that 5 of them are checked randomly each week. They fish retrieved are autopsied and documented. I had no idea they did that and didn't know if that buy was pulling my leg. Seems like a report generated from that kinda research would be a pretty useful to a lot of us. Was this guy messing with me? If not, is that something they publish or is it confidential?
I ran into a guy I went took Wildlife Management classes with a couple weeks ago and they were running some gill nets. I'm not sure exactly what they do with the data; but sometimes it takes several years of data collection to have anything worth publishing.
Reply With Quote