View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 07:28 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishaholic247 View Post
Until they stop catering to the duck hunting out there, the BASS fishing will suffer. I know a couple of people that can go out there on almost any given day and catch multiple wall mounts but there aren't many that know that place and what to do out there like they do. Ducks will fly south for the winter every winter no matter what they do to the pool. Those BASS that are in the pool every winter that have to retreat to the east side the south side the west side or the canals know NO consistency and there will be NO "back in the day" consistency out in the pool until they do. Hell.. levee off the pool some more and raise it a few feet and you wont have to freaking burn anything off...This is Fishaholic and I approve this message.
Not to rain on any parades, but Lacassine is SUPPOSED to be managed for waterfowl. That is its expressed management objective. This has come up before, and the fact is, the bass are stocked in there, and from what I've been told, that was thanks to some locals that got together to make it happen years ago.

Lacassine is and will always be a waterfowl management area. That management objective will never change.

My pawpaw has always told me how good the fishing used to be out there. We fished it every now and then when I was a kid, but I have no special memories of it. I would love to catch fish like he used to out there, but I'm happy with even a decent bite.