View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 10:11 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
There is a reason limits are set. Each man makes his own decisions, but if Wildlife and Fisheries didn't want you keeping a particular species, they would prohibit or limit the take of them. See the paddlefish and sturgeon for examples.

I've never hesitated to keep fish if they were legal. I will on occasion let smaller fish go, but if everyone were to let every bass they caught go, the population would suffer just as much as if you caught too many.

The fishing clubs and tournaments is where the issue arises from. Look at the Lacassine discussion. Special interest groups were the ones that got the place stocked in the first place. Now people want it to be managed for fish.

To each his own. One group should not be allowed to influence the actions of others or management of a particular body of water.
Yep. Just like them trophy buck folks. They want to force all these rules on me and look down on me when I kill a legal buck. Deer are to eat. Antlers ain't. Most them deer they kill ain't real big anywaya