View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

well keep in mind i fish lake p in 3-4 fters.....thats not for the faint of heart. and ive run to the 12 mile rigs out of venice. i really have confidence in my boat and in my ability/knowledge.
i will run mine in what i feel comfortable in, over a 5 ft and i get worried, a 3 ft rouge wave from the side will roll almost any boat.
my rule is if u question should i go or not.....just dont go. be safe, them fish aint goin no where.
ill tell u this, i fished a redfish tourny in october of 2008 from the rigolets marina in slidell. we were gonna run to the biloxi marsh and fish the northern tip of the area.
to corss lake borgne it was a 20 mile run across open water, we were gonna enter from the the northerm most point and work our way down toward bayou st malo then return home.
well the wind was 25 mph out of the northeast.....our exact dourse.....it was 4 fters for 45 mi as we crossed, but we made it. a lil wet but very happy and extremely pleased. we placed 10 out of 60.
the run back was just as bad , but being in the southern area we only had to corss 6 miles.
i talked to many others that day who turned back and stayed closer to home.
if u want a safe boat here is the list of the most poplular boats i have seen ran in the redfish cups

triton-30%
lake and bay-20%
ranger-20%
shearwater/sterling-20%
bluewave-10%

yes these guys are sponsored by the companies, but believe me after talking to them they choose which company they go with. they live or die in these boats. if its good enough for the redfish cup and the wide expansed of water /conditions they cover, its good enough for any amatuer/ weekend warrior.