View Single Post
  #16  
Old 06-13-2015, 11:32 AM
keakar's Avatar
keakar keakar is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Laplace
Posts: 1,869
Cash: 1,952
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Do your blocks pop out easily?
yes they come out "fairly" easy, sometimes I have to lay it on its top and press them out with my hand but they release well as soon as you do.

if you want you can give it a spray with pam but I found the ice would pop out before you are ready sometimes so I like the control of it having a "little" grip on the bucket.

I found anything deeper the 4" and the ice would freeze the top first then the bottom swells and with no where for it to go it deforms or splits the bucket.

I tried 5 gallon buckets but they don't flex enough to be able to pop the ice out unless you run a hose on it to make it release and when frozen the plastic bucket cracks and splits very easy.

I find what works best is a bin about 15"x15" or something close and not more then 6" high
Reply With Quote