View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 01:22 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909
Default I need to put together some combo's

It seems most of my rods and reels have gone missing during my latest move... thank goodness I have the tackle boxes!!! I have way more in Lures than I ever did in rods n reels.

Anyway, I need to put together a few in the next couple of weeks. I have been bouncing rods around and I think I am going to pick up some Ugly stick tiger 1 piece rods, they use Fuji parts and are around $55. I had a mix of shimano and ugly stix before, but the shimano's where the cheap fx2 versions, but both worked. I am open to suggestions. A good cheap rod for loaners really.

I am totally clueless what reels to get, damn are there a bunch of reels out there. The Curado's are not in the budget right now but I will probably get a nice combo when my boat is ready. My start date is "August" on the boat build, so that isn't much of a concern now, but these will eventually be my loaner/pre set rigs so it is easy to switch what you are throwing.

I had luck with swedish Abu garcia reels, but from what I understand they are made in China now. I am not sure about the lower end of the Shimano line. I am open to reel suggestions.

I will also probably do a couple of spinning combo's, I prefer bait cast because of the control, but sometimes a spinner is good for live bait. I don't know how many times I flung live bait off of a baitcast setup...

I know I will also be stuck getting a Zebco reel... I would rather spend the money than undo bird nests all weekend.