Thread: Skin cancer
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

I will share my resent surgery pictures in hopes that some of you will benefit.

I have had this "growth" for about 2 years. It started out small but slowly grew bigger.... which bothered me and my wife.

The Dermatologist I was going to said it was just a skin freckle and nothing to worry about, which may have been the case..... but things do change.

This Dr. retired and I had a checkup about a month ago with a new guy. The new Dermatologist saw this and said he wanted to cut a sample to have it tested. If you look close, you can see just above the dark area where the sample was cut out. Test came back positive and I had surgery to remove it. The area was almost the size of a quarter and the "cut" area was a little larger..... just over an inch.

Healing process is going very good but will take a month or so longer to get back close to normal. The second pic is showing the temporary stiches while waiting for results of Lab test to be sure all the cancer was cut out.

Final stiching was done on the second day, after Lab results confirmed all the cancer was cut out. Third picture is 10 days later during the check-up office visit.

As other said..... stay out of the sun as much as possible and cover up when you are outside.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg July 7, 2015.jpg (62.0 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg July 6.jpg (62.0 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg 7-7-15.jpg (42.5 KB, 195 views)