View Single Post
Old 08-17-2015, 05:30 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

I loved the last job I had and planned on working till I had to retire...Well 3 or 4 years ago I left work with what I thought was a kidney stone and wound up with a full blown disc and back operation the doc. ,,, I'll use that as a reference,,, said I'd return to work in 6 weeks....Well it didn't work out that way and I guess this is the hand the GOOD LORD dealt me with my piece of shoulder I got left so at 54 I was retired....As luck would have it everything I owned , house ,truck,wifes auto , boat all payed off so I can do ok....My advice to the young for what its worth,,,401K is playing the stock market....If company matches your payment put it in conservetive stock...even though the stock doesn't pay much you get 100% by company match and don't lose...Also start an annuity...I was lucky I got in one that garantee's 3.5% and will rise to 7.5%....There is also prepaid life insurance which they do not like because its a 1 time commission. The most important thing to remember is to save for when the GOOD LORD feels its time to cut you down....