View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Unless you have deep pockets or a politician your voice means zero and that's a fact
Maybe for Duck hunting..... this is true.

They have the same type Public meeting each spring for the "Proposed" Deer hunting regulations. I have been to some of these meeting.....when there has been some CHANGES proposed that I was interested in.

Several years back, it was proposed to change the Bow hunting season to extend it until Feb. 15. Yea..... I was all in favor of this.

But when the LDWF made the slide show presentation, it showed that the season would end on a Sunday. This happened to Feb. 15 the first year, but in each of the following years it changed [shortened] by a few days and would be closing on Feb. 10 one year.

When it was time for the public to speak..... I spoke up on this and asked why not just make it Feb. 15 as the closing data and not change it every year.

Guess I was not the only person that was in favor of this because they now set the Area 6 Bow hunting season closing as Feb. 15. I have not hunted on Feb. 15 but did kill a Deer on Feb. 11 one year.