View Single Post
  #6  
Old 09-10-2015, 07:00 AM
jpeff31787's Avatar
jpeff31787 jpeff31787 is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Carencro, La
Posts: 3,787
Cash: 2,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
My grandmother always told me they rode on the backs of geese when they migrate most of them winter in Central America and can make the flight across the gulf without stopping Think about that a second

Also people have bee
N leaving their feeders up over the winter and seeing some crazy species of hummingbirds that are typically found much further west
I heard that on Nat Geo about riding the geese. I'm sure most of you offshore guys see it pretty often, but I was offshore once and there were 100s of hummingbirds flying by! It was crazy! Found many dead on the decks unfortunately. I think it would be awesome if oil companies would put up feeders to help with migration
Reply With Quote