Thread: Florida Keys
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 08:13 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,505
Default Florida Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
We had a good time tarpon fishing but it was a little different than what I was expecting. The tarpon guides would get the scraps from the cleaning tables and take them to a spot and dump them in same spot every day We did a night trip and jumped in the skiff and motored about 400 yds from he marina and guide dumped a bucket of fish scraps and we anchored down and used pieces of dolphin bellies for bait. Sit there and wait. Caught some huge sharks and jumped one tarpon. Guide may have used a tablespoon of fuel on the trip. I kinda had it in my mind we would be in the backcountry fishing in he middle of nowhere but anyways that's on me.

The next day went down the road and you can hand feed 100 lb plus tarpon from a pier

May also want to check into scuba diving for lobster. They do trips for that outta key west.

Yeh. I'm definitely going to try and lobster dive. I don't have to catch a tarpon. You are right. That doesn't sound like much of an "adventure" for tarpon. Most interested in snook, permit, or bonefish.

Still haven't booked anything yet, so staying in Key West is still an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk