View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 10:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
I marinated the breast in a mixture of milk, vinegar, and rosemary. Season it right before cooking with salt and cracked black. Quick sear (about a minute per side) in butter then covered with foil and set aside. Glazed the skillet with a shot of beer then added a couple tablespoons of butter and 1 clove of minced garlic to make a butter sauce.

For the mashed potato patty I took some leftover mashed potatoes and added a clove of minced garlic, a couple leaves of Thai basil, and 1 egg. I scooped a couple spoon full of the potatoes into some hot oil in another skillet and formed it onto a patty. Fried one side then flipped and fried the other side. Sliced the breast and served with the butter sauce. Quick, easy, and better than any other way I've ever prepared duck........ The wife still wouldn't eat it though. I need to find a way to get that woman to eat duck so she won't get as mad with the time and money I spend on it!
Have you tried the Korean Duck Kabobs from John Folse's after the hunt? Marinate in Asian peanut sauce then kabob with pineapple, bell pepper ect.
My mother in law will only to eat duck this way and she was born in Hackberry.