View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 07:58 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

We have been picking up a few but they have all been small for the most part. Caught 25 and 5 Reds Christmas Eve and about the same yesterday. Brought a retired Marine Corps SgtMaj in from North Carolina and my Dad out Saturday, he wanted to catch some reds so I hit a couple weirs without any luck. Beat some banks and found a school stacked up around a cut. Thank god because the wind was killer. Ended up with 13 I think. Water temp hit 65 despite no sun all day, it was 55 at daybreak. Water in the lake is nowhere what it was Saturday. Best around the Blue Camp but couldn't find any fish there. Turners looked bad as well as most everywhere else I fished. Tried all my usual winter spots without any luck. They won't hit anything bigger than a 3" bait, but they are still pretty aggressive when you find them. The little ones are anyway. It would be nice to get on some big trout though. I know you like to know what the rest of us are doing so I figured I'd let you know. Maybe one day I will run into you out there.