View Single Post
  #1  
Old 01-04-2016, 06:11 PM
Ragin_Cajun's Avatar
Ragin_Cajun Ragin_Cajun is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 920
Cash: 1,721
Default Speck....the one with feathers

Hope everyone had a blessed holiday!

It has been a while since I posted, so I figure I would throw one up here from the holidays.

Nobody would eat wild fowl at my house until.....NOW.
Speck 1.jpg

Speck 2.jpg

Speck 3.jpg
I seasoned my speck and browned in bacon grease. I then threw in mushrooms and onion and wilted down. After about 5 minutes I added 2 cups of dark coffee and homemade blackberry port wine given to me by my uncle. I reduced by a quarter and then stuffed the cavity with apple wrapped in bacon.

Covered and put in the oven at 300 for 2.5 hours. It fell off of the bone!

Added a touch of corn starch to thicken the gravy and that is it.

Sorry I didn't take pictures of the "after", but you were not missing a thing. A licked plate and pile of bones!
Reply With Quote