View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 08:09 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,348
Default Amazon Fire TV Stick

Correct. After I canceled my ATT uverse I could no longer watch the watch ESPN app. I got the sports package with Sl ing for an extra $5.00/month($25.00/month total) and it catches ESPN, 2, news, and U and some other soccer channels. With college baseball season coming up I wanted ESPNU.
If you use Roku 2 or 3 as your interface you can download the Foxnews app and I'm sure you can watch full episodes of most of the shows Ada soon as they are finished airing live. You can't watch live but it's hard for me to watch live tv anyway.. I watch PBS news and PBSnewshour is available sand night. I used to DVR that show but now it's all "on demand" along with every other show that plays on PBS i.e. (Cooking shows and This old House) all for free!
Personally, I'll never go back to cable because I have more good shows available to me now just through Roku and all of the apps. Also, Hulu and Netflux are month to month so you can go back and forth if you choose rather this paying for both year round.
My uverse high speed internet, which I have 0 complaints about, is $68/month, sling and Hulu is another $36/month and those are also month to month.
It won't be long before the cable providers will start offering a la carte service to stay relevant.
It won't be long before