Thread: Concealed carry
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2016, 12:53 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Nah, just being a smart *** really. "Constitutional Carry" makes it sound as if it was some ideal of the Founding Fathers, the guys that wrote the Constitution.

I'm all for the right to bear arms. But I think it should be in a responsible way. And some people just can't be responsible with guns. There isn't a single person I know that has as concealed carry that I don't trust. I can think of a lot of people I know or have known that would make me extremely nervous knowing they could carry a concealed gun on their body LEGALLY with no training.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Gotcha. I suck at recognizing sarcasm online.

I think everyone agrees that if someone decides to carry a firearm, they should do so responsibly. I just don't agree with the government mandating it. Let's all be honest.... The majority of conceal carry classes are a joke. You learn the laws (and hopefully the correct laws) of carrying. You don't get much in the way of HOW to carry or what to do if the situation ever arises that you need to actually use it. I recognized that in both courses I sat through and took the initiative to find classes dealing with the actual use of my firearm. Most people won't. Not to mention that the classes aren't cheap after you figure in the course fee, ammo, and travel. I wouldn't be opposed to the government offering some sort of tax credit to incentivize people to take these courses. Just as long as they aren't mandating it.