View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 11:06 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

The last thing I think is that JBE is stupid......What I do think is that he beleives WE are all stupid.
I will disagree with you on what the arts brings to society. While they make less, indeed, more kids that are in band and the arts go and eventually graduate in ALL majors on ALL universties.

Full disclosure, I was a full ride music band nerd a LaTech in the early 80's.
Today, my daughter, a May graduate of UGA with TWO majors in liberal arts sees me as a greedy corporate 1%'er that does not pay my "fair share"

There is a spot for both in our universities........but we allow the atheletic departments to run as a profit generating enterprise with little to no government handouts.
But the academics we have too much government involvement. Like federally backed student loans.

If the entire university had to run as a enterprise, including sports and academia in and on the same Profit and Loss statement, things would turn around quickly.

The cultural change will happen when everyone is responsible and accountable for themselves. No parachute.......only a soft landing for those that fall...........and only one soft landing.......