View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 12:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Just because I don't support CCA means I do nothing to support conservation? That has to be the dumbest thing I have heard in a while.
Yeah, that's pretty silly. One need not give money to a charlatan "conservation" organization to support conservation.

I am continuing my CCA boycott in 2016, yet my conservation efforts continue wholeheartedly.

Instead of giving money to CCA hoping to win the lottery (catch a tagged fish), why not attend a meeting of the LWC and voice your opposition to continued oyster over harvesting in Big Lake?

You could also write legislators on this and other important conservation efforts, join the LA TAG program, and consider practical ways to contribute to habitat conservation which is much more important than more restrictive limits and higher license fees that tend to be preferred by CCA in Louisiana.

Oh, and don't forget to bring an extra couple of garbage bags to pick up trash on your next trip to one of Louisiana beaches or the boat ramps that tend to be less well kept up.