View Single Post
  #4  
Old 04-25-2016, 11:04 AM
Visco's Avatar
Visco Visco is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Biloxi, MS
Posts: 524
Cash: 1,607
Default

[SIZE=3]I forgot to mention that I believe the reason this location was so good was that there was a channel that ran parallel to the shore line just about two feet into the surf. This channel ran for about 100 yards and was from what I could tell roughly 4' deep and then a shallow sand bar separating the channel from the Gulf. I would throw onto the beach and real into the surf, as soon as I hit edge of the channel to the sand bar, I would get a hit every time. The edge of that channel was lined with a lot of debris which also killed my line, I actually lost about 10 really nice trout and redfish. As soon as they hit the line, the fish would run down and the line would contact the edge of the channel and break. I am thinking that this might be a better place to fish from the beach... might have to try it out next time. [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote