View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 06:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354
Default What's your favorite tomato???

I always planted my favorite from the stores I bought from....I thought favorite meant how many it produced and how nice and round the fruit was...Last couple years I planted from seeds...I always thought heirlooms were some kind of special plants when all they are is original non hybrids...I have tried a few and I got to say if you want a REAL tomato plant an heirloom...The flavor can't even be compared to a hybrid...So far my favorite is the bison and brandy wine...They won't produce like a hybrid but the quality more than makes up for it...A lot of folks on here brag on their arkansas travelers so I got a few of them I'm fixing to stick in the ground...A bison doesn't like much water and does better early when it's cool so I plant them in 5 gal. buckets and they do well....Not a big tomato but one of the most tasty you ever had....Brandy wine is not a tomato you will find in a store because it's not perfectly round but once you taste one you will see shape just doesn't matter....Whats your favorite????