Thread: Hebert's Marina
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 05:11 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 451

I am Michael LeBlanc from Hebert's Bait. We are sold out so fast on Saturday, that I have decided to add more capacity to the boat ASAP. I had plans to do it in the future with some new fiberglass boxes in the front of the boat, but I can't wait to find the time to do that now. Last night we added about 25 percent more capacity by improvising by converting our main ice box to a live well. I have plans to add another 25 percent capacity within 2 weeks. We brought about 40 quarts to the marina last night. My goal before next year is to be able to bring 60 plus quarts when we go out. I am also going to add 4 more holding tanks at the marina this year. My goal is to never run out. We are possibly adding live cocahoe minnows in the coming weeks. We have recently had good success with keeping croakers alive, but we have caught very few on the last 2 trips. They are hit and miss. We go out in the boat anywhere from 3-5 nights per week depending on our inventory. One thing that I want people to realize is that shrimping is very tide dependent. When we can catch a falling tide at night with a decent range, such as around the new and full moons, we tend to do much better than when we shrimp during weaker tides between the moons. Running a bait business is not as easy as it seems, I have run a huge debt getting this set up between the marina and the boat. I will probably never make that back, but I am enjoying catching and providing this bait for you all. I intend to keep on improving things until it becomes easy and almost automatic and something that you all can depend on consistently. It is truly exhausting, but when I'm finished I know it will be all worth it. Please feel free to call me anytime if you have any questions or if you need bait after hours, I live 10 minutes away and will try my best to accommodate you. The number is (337) 764-6252. I will try to keep the message current, especially if we are having any problems or are running low on inventory. Thank you for your support,