Thread: let's help!!
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 06:23 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Yall know i'm usually good for helping in any charity cause. I'm sure i speak for more than a few members , We only had a bit shy of 2 feet of water in our home here in B.R Its Not a lot compared to many . But when the toilets were the first thing to over flow it really is a mess.any thing that wasn't on a shelf or table is ruined . All furniture gone except tv and puter. i unplugged 3 freezers and fridge . still lost 2 freezers and food in them. I had to take an unpaid leave of absence from work to take care of our house.
We live in a very high area that has never seen water in the street for more than a few min. so no insurance. My Brother who a few of yall met on our last big grand isle trip. Had water up to his roof in denham springs. They lost everything but one vehicle and the clothes they took with them when they left. Right now i am just trying to physically and mentally cope with cleaning up and moving on. I Hope And I PRAY that all my SC brothers and sisters are okay and That GOD has blessed you and yours w/ no water.
I am not asking for Pity. just Prayers . We will survive ,clean up and move on. We are Louisiana Strong.
P.S. We have Donated Funds to The salvation Army who flooded out lost all there box trucks and their ware house and still came out yesterday and offered us a hot meal.