View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 09:34 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
Colorado has supposedly had it bad for 40/50 years now and I'm pretty sure they have thriving elk and mule deer herds, with the whitetails starting to expand as well. It's a big destination state for big game hunters from all over the country and many of them probably drive their harvested animals back to whatever state they came from. Why isn't it all over the country now?

I don't know much about it, but from what I've read there doesn't seem to be a single person who can give a logical, scientific answer as to why this law needs to be passed.
Can anyone explain how it has spread from beyond Colorado? No, but they do know it is carried within the brain and nervous system. And that it is transmittable. Reasonable cause to suspect that it could have been spread through the transport of carcasses or live animals. So, by preventing the importation of those tissues, they can at least attempt to prevent entry into the state. I don't believe the issue is that it will wipe out a whole deer herd, and anyone that claims so has no real proof to stand on. But, once it is in a herd, there is little chance of eradicating it.

Maybe you don't lose a lot of deer to it, but with the deer herd we have, is that a chance we want to take? We already discuss the negative effects of flooding on a damn-near yearly basis. Do we want this disease here too?

I'm not saying the regulation is perfect. I'm saying we need some form of it to prolong the lack of CWD in the state. It is not knocking at our borders yet. Why let it in from thousands of miles away when its not even at our own door yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk