View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 11:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke Down View Post
So here I am scrolling down the thread excited someone replied and BAM! Awesome post to get me all excited. I appreciate all of the info, keep discussing!

When I fish from the jettie pier I use a 7/0, I'll usually catch a croaker on some light tackle (gulp 3" - 4" shrimp), cut the head off and hook it through the eyes. Last one I caught was a blast. We had some luck on gas station squid too.

I always see boats stacked at 3, 4, and 5. I figured it was the place to be, but observing from the dock....everything is better than the pier......haha.
If the whole area from the end to the break was covered with boats, I'd pick a spot near the end or the break further away from the rocks. Most boats fish too close to the rocks. If you can hit the rocks with a cast you are too close. For me, the perfect distance is where my longest casts toward the rocks only get 1/2 way there, and we also throw away from the rocks and catch as many fish on the rods cast away as those toward. You do not need to be that close to the rocks.