View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 08:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Im sure a lot of these "cajun navy" had these group texts going on. A buddy of mine rescued 100+ ppl before 1st responders even showed up. Musta been a miracle cuz he had now emergency training. Just grab his nuts got in his boat and helped any and everyone he could. I understand that 1st responders and government cronies are pissed. They got blown out of the water by your every day coonass. Cant compare this flood with Katrina. This didnt happen in the jungle. This was people knowing their neighborhoods and knowing their neighbor. They went in and did what had to be done to save lives. Bottom line. That guy in the facebook video is nothing but a politician doing what a politician does best. Backpeddling when the water gets hot. And hes good at what he does. He got a lot of ppl believing his crap. Politicians dont ever let a good tragedy go to waste.

Did I ever once say this was a bad thing that happened? Don't believe so. Go all the back to the OP. What I have said however was looking at ways to improve a response in the future. To integrate efforts. After a couple days in waste deep water I am grateful for all citizen volunteers. I can't think of one first responder who isn't... Things can always be worse and when that worst case comes we need to be ready..... Oh but what do I know I volunteer with a company that steals and work for a department that is pissed we got help.... Y'alls reasoning makes so much sense! I'm done with this....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk