View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 11:50 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcredeur View Post
Did I ever once say this was a bad thing that happened? Don't believe so. Go all the back to the OP. What I have said however was looking at ways to improve a response in the future. To integrate efforts. After a couple days in waste deep water I am grateful for all citizen volunteers. I can't think of one first responder who isn't... Things can always be worse and when that worst case comes we need to be ready..... Oh but what do I know I volunteer with a company that steals and work for a department that is pissed we got help.... Y'alls reasoning makes so much sense! I'm done with this....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No need to get so butthurt. I don't think being organized is a bad idea and I don't think anyone else does either. The thing is how does it get done and who foots the bill? People spent their own time and money to go help even though I'm sure some of them had a flooded house too. Training and organization will cost money. Yeah it may not have been perfect but it worked and people are alive because of it. After all of the training even first responders get in trouble and need to be rescued themselves.