View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 05:43 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
Would bet it's in all the states, but that aside yes it would be nice to keep it out at all cost, but as was stated by people in this post, that said they wouldn't abide by it, I feel the best would be some form of vac. Delivered somehow to protect the deer that are here. ?? Any thoughts on that ideal?
Well, considering most every state is testing for it, and Louisiana, to date, has not had a positive test, I would not bet that it is in every state.

Why waste money on a vaccine just because people are going to break a law because they don't care about our natural resources?

I could see a vaccine in combo with this. Hell, these kinds of things give you a chance to develop something like that, if it's even possible to target with a vaccine.

But as long as people are willing to break a law, I don't see any point in developing anything. Let them ruin the herd by introducing more disease into it.

There is a reason LDWF was in such a hurry to down that nilgai in Richard K Yancey so quickly.

CWD may not be as deadly as Blue Tongue or Brucellosis, so people may think, why bother with it? Because once it gets in your herd, you will never get rid of it, that's why. Unless you develop a vaccine.

But again, why waste money on a vaccine if people are going to purposely break what is effectively a quarantine zone? Also, considering this thing has been around for nearly 50 years, don't you think they would have tried to develop already?

There is a reason they go on these mass killings of deer. Is it right? No. Do we need a better way to detect it without killing the deer first? Yes. But without a vaccine, the only way to get rid of it is to get rid of the infected deer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk