Thread: permanent ban
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 11:58 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266
Default permanent ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
You are correct that the information is supposed to be destroyed and not kept, cataloged and maintained. The government has proven so trustworthy in the past so there's nothing to worry about right? Your information is correct I'm just asking what basis do we have to trust them? Any of them.

What information are you scared of? The bit that I mentioned about the NICS not knowing what gun you are inquiring about? Or the bit about the FFL never notifying anyone of what gun you inquired about? Or the bit about the manufacturer not even knowing what gun you inquired about? Or did the FFL clerk text the ATF my serial number when I left?

The NICS does not even know if you bought the gun, did you overlook that part of the post? You can run a ackground check and change your mind and walk out, NICS doesn't care.

You think all these small town FFLs would be violating the Brady bill by sending your purchase information to the NICS and/or ATF behind your back? How about the NRA? You think the NRA wouldn't have said something if serial numbers were linked to your information during background checks, then potentially stored?

Jesus Christ