View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 02:08 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
We're talking about Big Lake, not some lousy NC reservoir.

If a guide can't put you on fish in Big Lake 99 days out of 100, he sucks.
This is not true the best of us have bad days and fish don't eat everyday either.
Also guiding is not like buddy fishing your level of experience is a huge factor on the number of fish that hit the cooler that day .
Some days I don't cast a line out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Agreed.

It's probably a good idea for both parties to clearly know expectations and goals for the day.

A good guide, if he wants to stay a guide, is concerned about satisfying his customers. Finding out what they want is a big part of that.
You basically have two types of trips
Business ones where it multiple boats paying for their customers who just want to fish and catch fish and really don't care much about surrounding or techniques etc.

Then you have guys who want to learn and know everything you can teach them in that short time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
If I'm in a boat for several hours with a guide who I do not know from Adam, I would assume the topic of conversation would largely revolve around the obvious common denominator between the two of us..... FISHING. If he is a guide, it would stand to reason that he is a professional at his trade and would have a lot to talk about on the subject.
1st thing is to establish a relationship with customers and let them enjoy the trip . My main goal is to make sure they are getting all my attention because you want them to come back. Successful business is built off repeat customers and that is where successful guides make a living . You don't have to load the boat to have a successful fishing every day .
People have to like the person they fishing with.