View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 07:03 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by seatrout View Post
I give up!!!! My point was that the only information that you are supplying is populations of Prey. How could anyone can form a Hypothesis about anything other than population of prey???? But if you can tell which species of Predator is getting "plump" from that information, you are a GAWL DURN GENIUS!!!
This is a fishing forum. I was thinking that experienced Big Lake anglers could form educated guesses (that is what a hypothesis is) from their personal experiences and observations. Lots of anglers have educated guesses about the forage preferences of the species they catch.

A hypothesis is formed using preliminary data. Then it is tested using data gathered in a systematic manner independently of the preliminary data used to form the hypothesis. Once you see the data used to test a hypothesis, you are no longer forming a hypothesis, you are drawing inferences or conclusions about whether your hypothesis is correct.

Once you see the data used to test a hypothesis, you are testing it, no longer forming it. (You may need to revise, alter, or reject your initial hypothesis.)