View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 03:18 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,124
Default Cheap wonderful soup

Da pig had turkey wings on sale a few weeks ago. they were cut into pieces on the meat saw into chunks this cut through most of the big boles exposing the marrow I call em gumbo pieces they were $0.60 per lb I bought a few 5 lb bags. yesterday Peg was feeling poorly her pluracy ahd flared up. I thawed a bag of the wing parts and wnet back to the pig for some onions and stuff to make her some get well soup the onions were on sale 3lbs for a doller I bought 2 bags. I juliened all 6 lbs and let them cook down in a couple spoons of bacon greese. Seasoned them well and let em go till translucent and slightly browned then dumped in the turkey covered it with water with more seasonings then I added lots of garlic peppers, green onions and parsley from the yard and let it simmer for a hour or 2. The soup was wonderful we both had 2 bowls and had it again today for lunch. 2$ worth of onions, $4 worth of trukey add 1$ for seasoning and such. 6 bowls and 2 meals so far and enough left for supper. Mama would be proud o me!