View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 11:52 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 997

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
But hunting is way more fun than bass fishing...

To me Bob its all in what you like. I hunted and bass fished my whole life until 2003 when I quit duck and deer hunting to bass fish year around. Those that know me know this story to be true. I grew up deer hunting in Avoyelles parish and hunted on 8 point hunting club before it was bough out to make Lake Ophelia. My childhood home was in Fifth Ward and was 3/4 miles from Lake Ophelia/Grand Cote headquarters. My grand parents are buried in the cemetery next to the office. My paw paw and I hunted the tie't isle flooded timber (90 acres private owned on Grand Cote now) and had a rice field blind on what is now the restricted area at Grand Cote. We'd choose which blind to hit based on weather or sometimes swap during the day. So I was blessed with plenty of opportunity to hunt early in life with good success and understand it. Even with that bass have always outweighed the hunting for me. So I'd have to disagree with your statement but I can see if that's your passion why you say that. I put all my hobby funds into one sport. That's how I ended up taking up inshore 3 years ago (which I suck at ! LoL) . I wanted to expand on fishing. I could of taken back up deer hunting or ducks again but fishing is that dear to me.

Trust me if I could afford the $600 id make a trip ... for those that can afford it I understand why they do.

Last edited by jpd0144; 04-28-2017 at 12:26 PM.