View Single Post
  #6  
Old 07-06-2017, 01:32 PM
MEM1971's Avatar
MEM1971 MEM1971 is offline
Tripletail
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 761
Cash: 6,328
Default

water was getting better in the channel and I did catch 5 trout and a red down there. But still could not see the foot of my trolling motor anywhere I stopped. Its better, but still dirty for the most part. But where alexm and I caught trout in west cove was really dirty so they still have to eat. A couple birds picking is wat made me go out there from oyster bayou but before I even got to them birds were gone. I quickly boxed 5 keepers then called alexm over. We both had live shrimp and were able to keep the school there for an hour or so. hard heads were mixed in with a lot of small trout so I decided to go find pogies and search for better fish. you are right marshmellow water was somewhat better in some areas down there and had I known id been down there earlier. The 5 I caught there were better fish for sure and cant wait for water to clear up. Actually cant wait for north end to clear up. U can go fish birds and catch a lot of undersized fish right now for sure. Also caught 5 black drum that were right at 16" I could of boxed but didn't. Day of rest and be back out by sunday for sure. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote