View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 01:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 7-28-17 easy fishin

Left Calcasieu Point around 7am. To my surprise they had live shrimp which saved us from running to Spicers. Dad and I had already decided we were going it to fish north end again and if we caught fine if not then we would make a plan to run south next week. Well I went to north east corner and it was dirty. West winds with hard outgoing tides are just keeping that corner muddy. And it was about two feet lower than usual. Caught one speck. Worked are way over to the West Bank and found better water and lighter winds but no fish. By now it's almost 9 and I said let's go see if all the boats left Turners yet. At 7 their were 20 boats in there. So we eased over there and there was still 4-5 boats messin around but no one really catching. Kept playing around and one by one all the boats left. Made are way over to the drop off next to channel and finally caught a decent trout. Power pole down and we finished are day off right there. By 1045 it was getting hot and we had 27 trout, 2 reds, and 2 flounder. Not a bad morning considering it was really slow there for awhile. But that incoming tide started moving twice as hard as it was when we left and that was all it took to get them going. Hind sight we may should stopped there first but there was just too many boats for me. This pic is when I made the first count when we had 21 trout and two reds. Two or three can't see in box and were too lively to put up on deck. Trout were smaller and not as many reds as our last trip but dad has more meat for the freezer now. Had a blast and got to spend more quality time with my dad. Rare these days as he is enjoying retirement and always at the camp in Toledo. Tell u wat though I'm making a saltwater fisherman out of him yet, lol. Good luck everyone. Go fishin! It's really easy to box limits right now. Post pics from cleaning table later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1263.jpg (60.8 KB, 603 views)