View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 10:32 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
I am certainly a pro gun guy and a hunter. My wife and I both have a concealed carry license and we vote republican.

However where I differ from most is on assault rifles. I just don't see where there is a need for semi auto weapons like an ar-15 that holds 30 rounds. Full disclosure I own one. I realize I am probably in the minority on this but you don't see mass shootings with a browning a5 or Remington 700 bolt action they just aren't the weapon of choice or made to fire off significant rounds in a mass shooting situation.

Just offering a different opinion on this. As it relates to gun control I firmly support the right to carry. I just don't see a real need for an assault weapon. I feel I could defend my home very well wiht an 870 express pump shotgun.
So let me get this straight, you don?t think it?s necessary for people to own an ar-15 yet you own one yourself?? If that?s really the way you feel then I?ll gladly come and take it off your hands for you. And I guarantee you in a school shooting situation like the one that just happened in Florida, someone could have killed just as many people with a browning a5 or Remington 700 bolt action. Why? Because it is a gun free zone and the shooter has no opposition. Kids were left helpless and stuck in class rooms like sitting ducks. Sure, he may have had to reload way more often but unless a few kids would have rushed him while he was reloading they were done! And I also guarantee you those poor kids were so damn scared that the last thing on their mind was to fight back. You can make all the new laws you want and ban the ar-15 also, the sad fact is that evil has been around since man was created and evil will be here until the end of time. Full disclosure, I don?t own an ar-15 but I would never want to take away someone else?s right to own one.