Thread: Split opener
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 01:50 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Little View Post
Just got back from Grand Chenier and had a great opening weekend.
Hunted the grass and had 21 sat;6 mallards, 3 mottles, 3 pintail,2 greys,
and 7 blue/grw teal.
Back in the same spot this morning 3 guns 18 birds; 10 mallards, 2 blue wing, 3 pintail, 3 mottles. Still holding substantial numbers of mallards,pintails, mottles and teal but you have to work for them.
Water seems to be coming up everyday so I really don't know how much longer we can expect them to hang around. Will post pics tomorrow when I recieve them from my partners.

post pics R Little....that sounds like a beautiful looking bunch of ducks...good to hear somebodys wearing the mallards out....we shot 1 this weekend.....had to limit out on teal today due to the lack of big ducks but yesterday we shot a mallard 3 pins and 4 teal....kinda slow..this is by far the worst duck season i can remember....when i was a lil boy i remember my paw paw taking me to manchac swamp and telling me to stand by this tree...and i'd stand there in my hip boots with my 410 and watch them shoot mallard after mallard...if i knew how to scan a pic i would put a pic of him and his two brothers back in the day with a pile of mallards infront of them...i talked to a biologist this morning and he said he's afraid this is the beginning of a end to this sport we all know...i sure hope thats not the case...