Thread: crawfish boilin
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

Marketbasket and I think Albertsons has it. I used Cajun Land powder when I was living in Lafayette, but you can't buy it in LC and I got tired of paying for shipping. I started using Louisiana, but now I will probably only use Swampfire since I tried it. It has not alot of salt and reminds me of cajun land. Cajun Land is made in Meterie so if you have not tried it I would reccomend it. I only use powder. I find liquid burns peoples lips more than season the water and I like people to enjoy my dads.

I love this conversation as I have tried to perfect this as well. I use garlic, but will now try granulated garlic. The more garlic the better. I also use lemons, onions, butter, potatoes, corn, ice, and of course shrooms. I don't use salt to purge as I have seen this kill them and I like my dads to be alive when they hit the water. I may try the 30 minute deal and see what happens. The best crawfish I have had in my life were at Cajun Claws in Abbeville. He purges his in tanks for 24 hours so they sh*t and they are the cleanest dads I have ever eaten. I think I have eaten them at every restaurant and drive thru in SWLA and Acadiana.