View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 02:39 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,020

its the old adage 'better safe than sorry'. CWD is a badass problem that we don't have here in Louisiana and should do everything reasonable to keep it out. it has been discovered in Texas and bringing hundreds of deer carcasses from Texas to Louisiana absolutely increases the chances of bringing it here. I hunt near Llano every year and it is an inconvenience, but ask managers in Texas, Colorado etc if they wish they have been more strict or had not listened to folks like Nugent. Just because he is unwavering in his right to keep hunting his right doesn't mean his is a hero, objective, reasonable etc. He is single minded and everyone who tries to regulate him in any way is a communist in his eyes. Re: Texas outfitters and taxidermists, they will actually get more work. I typically bring my head back to Louisiana and do a European mount or something. I won't be able to do that this year, but rather will have to have it done on Texas, so the Texas taxidermist will get my work that I typically bring back home to my locals.