Thread: Gc 1-16-2014
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Redfish

Cash: 2,950
Default To Hutch

Thanks man, Coop's isn't dead yet but it kills him not to go. he see's his younger (7 years old) running mate leave without him and he just howls. I just had to bring him once more, he did too much for me in our years together for him not to get one more in. We are both getting long in the tooth and I guess someday I'll be forced to sit on the sidelines and watch the others go "get dem duck", but hopefully not for a few more years anyway. It was a Happy/Sad event but he has to retire so I can still have some more time with him a a friend. He was more friend to me than most folks, never complained and stuck with me thru thick and thin. Best as I can figure and I keep pretty good records he has retrieved 1723 ducks/coots and 409 geese in 11 seasons. I have only sent him 6 times where he failed to find his bird. Once 6 season's ago, he was so frustrated unable to find his bird after me sending him into thick marsh brush time after time, he went out and brough me back a live Gallinule. He taught me much about dogs, hunting & life. I will miss him when he is gone, I miss him already. I wish he knew how much he means to me. Thanks cooper.