View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 07:48 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
Dog: That's one facet of the problem. The other facet is that when you are attempting to stop an active shooter, you know your team members, some John Wayne stands up with a gun, he immediately becomes the target. The same way when SWAT shows up during a search for a shooter. We, as a Security Team KNOW we will be put on the ground. To SWAT, anyone with a gun is a perp and will kiss the carpet and get cuffed.
Our job is to stop the shooting ONLY. It is not our job to apprehend anyone. We are basically trying to corner the perp where he can take no lives while the church is evacuated. That's why we practice so much in our church. We need to know every crack and crevice and how to clear the rooms that make up the maze. If we can apprehend, great, it not, reduce his body count.
Say what anyone wants, if you show up at our church with open carry, you will be asked to either put your gun in the car, if you refuse, you will be asked to leave, it's not up for debate. If you show up CC and we discover it and you are not on the team, same thing. If that offends you, well you are just offended. We have rules and laws, our church is PRIVATE PROPERTY, we have a right to say who can and cannot carry weapons inside, just like any other business.
AND, you walk in breaking the law and want us to ignore it, even though it can get you or someone else killed.
That is and always has been a hot topic when I train Churches. A Pastor does a great disservice to his security team if he allows non-team members to carry in church.
And the church is perfectly within their rights to ask someone to disarm or leave. I didn't read where anyone disagreed with that. It's private property and anyone can be asked to leave for any reason. Churches being gun free is one of the many reasons I don't attend one.