View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 11:06 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
not learning to fish with a cork is like going into battle with your gun only half full of bullets.

cork fishing is just suspended bait fishing and like any form of fishing technic there are differences in how you use it to present different things to the fish.

there are always times corks will out fish non cork fishing and visa versa so that's why everyone comes to the launch with different results in the ice chest. learn all the styles and technics of each style of fishing and you will be better prepared to find what works best on any given day in any conditions.

to say only use it or never use it is just silly, find what works to catch fish that day and do THAT, whatever that is. if you choose to never use or practice one style of fishing then of course you wont have much success when you do try it, because you haven't honed your skills with it.

i say i only use a cork and "W" says he never uses one and i don't see anything "SILLY" about it...i happen to like watching a cork run along the bank with a red on or a trout smacking the hell out of it and 90% of where i fish the cork is necessary.....i pulled a limit of reds yesterday out of 10 inches of water with a 1/8 ounce jighead scraped to make lighter so it wouldn't get hung on oysters and without the weighted cork no one could have thrown that far and the cork helps lift the jig instead of dragging it.....i also efficiently fish lake P shoreline with a cork in stumps you couldn't drag a jig....when i can come in with limits of fish regularly and until that changes i'll ONLY fish with my SILLY cork...