View Single Post
Old 11-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461
Default Sabine Refuge Hunter Name Types

If you ever hunted Sabine refuge or any public area you have probably ran across these guys.

I will start with a few and y'all can chime in.

1. The "hail caller" this savvy hunter blows a very loud 18 note hail call anytime he sees a group of birds within 2 miles. The "hail callers" are know to hunt in packs and sometimes collaborate for added effect.
The "hail caller" does not need the satisfaction of working birds, he just enjoys tooting his horn.

2. The "sky buster" this overly optimistic hunter will sling bb's at any bird within 80 yards. A whole book can be written describing this hunter but we will move on.

3. One of my personal favorites is the "duck blocker" this greedy hunter will intentionally flare your birds by shooting at a dragonfly. "Duck blockers"are usually "hail callers".

4. The "I didn't see your light guy"
Its 5:30 am, your decoys are set, boat is hidden and you see someone coming your way. You politely shine your light @ the approaching hunter so he knows your position. The "I didn't see your light guy" completely ignores your light and begins to throw decoys. He is so close you can hear the decoys shuffle in the bottom of the boat. At this point I recommend a very long and loud "hail call" or hit em with your Q-Beam. If the stubborn hunter does not take a hint I believe it's ok to become hunter #1, and 3 when the opportunity presents itself.